Monday, November 3, 2008

"Lookin' For A Leader"

In my young days I listened a lot to Nirvana and the Grunge scene in and around Seattle. And of course, Neil Young was well known to me - I appreciated his music and still do. I have a lot his albums and automatically turn the radio louder when I hear songs such as "Heart of Gold" or "Old Man"
Neil Young has been a regular reader of the Los Angeles Free Press since the 1960s and, additionally, gave the newspaper exclusive rights to print the lyrics of his songs.

Even though many of us think that was back then, here’s proof that he still has his finger on the pulse of the future. In his last album, "Living With War", Young mentions Obama in the song "Lookin' for a Leader". This song from 2006 wasn't expressly written for or about Barack Obama, but it certainly gave him a shout out. In it, Neil Young sings of America's need for a new leader.

"Yeah maybe it's Obama, but he thinks that he's too young."

Because this is my kind of music and because of the song's message, I’d like to share it with you.


Neil Young - Lookin' For A Leader

No comments: